Vitamin B12, also known as cobalamin, is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in maintaining optimal health and well-being. It is a water-soluble vitamin that is involved in several vital functions within the body.
What does Vitamin B12 do?
Vitamin B12 plays many important roles in our overall health.
- It is vital for the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- It aids the normal function and development of brain and nerve cells and supports the production of neurotransmitters such as territorial dopamine making it essential for cognitive health and overall neurological well-being.
- It plays a significant role in preventing cardiovascular disease and neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's.
- It assists with the breakdown of homocysteine which, once elevated, can cause heart disease, strokes, Alzheimer's and other cognitive disorders.
- A depletion of Vitamin B12 can lead to depression and other cognitive disorders. B12 is not a cure for depression but adequate intake is important part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
How Can I Get Vitamin B12 in my Diet?
Some excellent sources of dietary Vitamin B12 include meat, fish, eggs and dairy products. Since Vitamin B12 is found primarily in animal products, vegans and vegetarians need to ensure they eat food fortified with Vitamin B12 or supplements that contain it.
Could I be Deficient in Vitamin B12?
Despite the presence of Vitamin B12 in many foods, you may still be deficient due to the following factors:
- Poor dietary choices
- If you are a vegan or vegetarians
- Individuals with deficient pernicious anemia - an autoimmune disease that attach the cells in the stomach that create intrinsic factor which is vital for the absorption of Vitamin B12 in the gut
- Individuals that take gastric acid suppressing medications such as proton pump inhibitors, H2 blocker and antacids. Stomach acid helps to free Vitamin B12 from the food we eat
- People with malabsorption disorders which prevent the absorption of Vitamin B12 in the gut
Benefits of Vitamin B12 Injections at Alternative Total Wellness
Vitamin B12 intramuscular shots are an effective solution to addressing a Vitamin B12 deficiency. By bypassing the digestive system, Vitamin B12 injections ensure direct delivery of the vitamin into the muscle tissue, allowing for better absorption and utilization by the body.
Do you want to supercharge your energy levels, enhance your mood or boost metabolism? Look no further than our Vitamin B12 Shots.
Increased Energy: Vitamin B12 is vital for the production of red blood cells, which are responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body.
Enhanced Mood: Vitamin B12 shots can help regulate neurotransmitters in the brain, promoting a positive mood and supporting overall mental well-being.
Improved Cognitive Function: Vitamin B12 shots can enhance mental clarity, focus and memory. Experience improved cognitive function and unlock your full mental potential.
Boosted Metabolism: Vitamin B12 plays a role in the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Vitamin B12 shots can aid in weight management and promote overall metabolic efficiency.
Support for Cardiovascular Health: Vitamin B12 can decrease homocysteine levels, promoting a healthy heart and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Experience the Difference at Alternative Total Wellness in South Jersey
At Alternative Total Wellness, we recognize the importance of maintaining optimal Vitamin B12 levels for overall health and well-being. We offer a methylated form of Vitamin B12 – methyl-cobalamin (MTFR) because a certain percentage of the population has an MTFR gene deficiency which prevents them from properly absorbing Vitamin B12.
Take charge of your health and vitality today with our Vitamin B12 shots. Experience the positive impact that this essential nutrient can have on your DNA production, brain function, cardiovascular health and overall well-being.