Known as the "sunshine vitamin," Vitamin D is not really a vitamin but instead a fat-soluble hormone that plays a crucial role in numerous bodily functions. Like a hormone it regulates various processes in our bodies.
Vitamin D exists in two forms: Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is the more active and more potent form.
The Benefits of Vitamin D
The benefits of Vitamin D are truly remarkable. Adequate levels are needed for:
Bone and Teeth Health: Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium which are needed to build bones
Mood Regulation: Low levels of Vitamin D have been associated with disorders such as depression
Healthy Immune Function Support: Alleviates symptoms of inflammation in autoimmune disease
Cardiovascular Function and Optimization: Vitamin D is vital to maintaining healthy blood vessels which is needed to prevent high blood pressure
Who Needs Vitamin D?
In today's fast-paced world, you might be Vitamin D deficient due to some of the following reasons:
- You have limited sun exposure due to lifestyle factors such as being indoors all day
- You live in a colder geographical location causing limited sun exposure during the day
- You are a consistent user of sunscreen
- You have darker skin pigmentation; you are an older adult or you might have certain medical conditions that put you at a higher risk of deficiency
The most natural source of Vitamin D3 is the sun, but lack of sun exposure during winter months often leads to Vitamin D3 deficiency. While oral supplements are one option to increase Vitamin D3 levels in the body, Vitamin D3 shots provide maximum absorption of this vital nutrient.
Why Vitamin D3 Injections Over Supplements
Vitamin D3 shots can offer several advantages over oral supplements including:
- Vitamin D3 Shots provide a direct and efficient method of delivering this essential nutrient into the body
- Vitamin D3 Shots bypass the digestive system allowing for maximal absorption
- Vitamin D3 Shots address the deficiency quickly and can boost your overall health
- No Need to Take Large Amounts of Pills
Getting Vitamin D3 Injections in South Jersey
At Alternativ Total Wellness, our mission is to empower individuals to take control of their health and well-being. Our medical experts are here to answer your questions and help you get the essential nutrients you need to address your health concerns. Ask about adding vitamin D3 shots to any of your infusions.
Are You Receiving Ketamine Therapy for Mental Health Disorders?
At Alternativ Total Wellness, a Vitamin D3 shot is included in your 6-session induction phase of Ketamine treatment. You can also add it to any of your maintenance treatments as part of your comprehensive treatment plan.